+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why cant Griha Pravesh and Marriage happen in the same year in a family?

Question Why cant Griha Pravesh and Marriage happen in the same year in a family?

We recently bought a new house and started getting done up. My daughter is 24 and we are looking at rishtas to get her married. Someone in my family told me that I should do the Griha Pravesh ritual before Diwali because I am looking to get my daughter married and griha pravesh and marriage cannot be done in the same family in the same house...

What logic? what is the reason for this custom?

Sneha Rathod's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Why cant Griha Pravesh and Marriage happen in the same year in a family?

Wow. never heard of that. But you know what..it is beneficial to your daughter and your family only na.. why not just do it. sooner or later you will be doing a griha pravesh ki puja right.. so why not just do it before diwali? find a good mahurat and do it.. it is not compulsory to stay in that house after griha pravesh. just the kumbh/kalash has to be kept there for some 3 or so days,.. so just finish it off.

And even if your daughter gets engaged anytime soon... its not like she will get married right away, correct... so ur all set.. griha pravesh now.. marriage after diwali.