+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Floods in Uttarakhand

Unhappy Floods in Uttarakhand

My daughter is a very emotional and sensitive person. She starts crying at the drop of a hat. The floods in Uttarakhand hurt her so much when she got some videos of people suffering on whatsapp and all. She keeps questioning our existence on earth and keeps saying things like " why did god make me so happy and the people and animals on the road so sad?"

How do I teach her to be a little stronger and mould her empathy into healthiness?

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Such situations are a part of our life and we cannot look away from the situation. Little minds are most affected by all this which is happening around us. We need to make them stronger but this can be done gradually only. you cannot hope for a change in a day. Try to expose your daughter to such situations daily but in a limited basis. Do not show her all the pictures or give her all the information as she will not be able to take it. Teach her that natural disasters are common and can happen to anybody. We cannot prevent them in most cases but we can help the people.

I think Neha is right. With more coverage of everything, people are more exposed to disturbing images and this creates a disturbing image in the minds of children. We need to make them stronger by letting them help the needy. You can teach your daughter that as you have everything to be happy, you can share some of these things with the needy as this will make them happy. Happiness if shared becomes double and it leads to contentment.

silavax608's Avatar Senior Member
    At this point you'll find out what is important, it all gives a url to the appealing page: فني ستلايت