+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need of father

need of father

i am a single mom by choice as i do not want to marry. In future also my decision to not marry will be same. i have adopted a child from government agency. We are both happy in our small world. I just hope that in future my child does not feel the need of a father.

mam i appreciate ur bold decision. ok. But your child will suffer from psychological problems . Particularly if u hv a male child he will miss a role model in life. if it is a female child she wud miss the love and affection of a father and she will start hating all men etc. If possible you can live near some of your relatives your brother and let your child be in touch with them to avoid such psychological problems.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 02-07-2014 at 06:36 PM.

While it is true that your child may ask questions about his father sometime in the future, you can be prepared for such an eventuality. I like the previous member's suggestions that you ensure that your child does have some sort of male role model.. but that doesnt in anyway mean that you will not be enough for your child. You can be more than enough if you be the best parent you know how to be and always keep the lines of communication open..

All the Best!

Kaumi Sharma's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    kudos to you for your decision to become a single mom. this is not an easy decision to take as it needs a lot of courage to raise a child singlehandedly. i do not think that the child will miss her father in future and as she grows up you can explain your stand to her. You can give the example of single moms such as sushmita sen