+ Reply to Thread

Thread: back answering

back answering

my daughter back answers and if i tell her not to do it, she says that if I do not answer then also you will scold. I tried explaining her the idfference between back answering and answering but she is in no mood to listen. How can i discipline her?

I am facing the same problem and i give my son time out but this does not seem to work. He is still not disciplined. If you find a way out to discipline, then do let me know.

Hi, it is not a new thing that the children have a habit of back answering their parents and teachers. After certain time child stop listening to their parents and start back answering them. Parents find it really irritating and annoying that why the children are back-answering them. The most common mistake which parents do is get angry and shout at the children or hit them. This should not be done, just try to keep your composure and avoid shouting at the child. Your reaction can either improve or weaken the relationship with your child. Try to be not too strict and not too lenient.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Back answering is the most irritating and annoying thing for parents and when their children do it, it becomes impossible for them to keep their calm and handle the situation carefully. Remember your child has already lost control and you losing control can make the situation worse. Instead of shouting and scolding your children it might be better if you try to find out the reason why the children are doing so. Maybe the child might be having some problem or some peer pressure. Could be anything so it is your responsibility as parents to find out the reason behind your child’s behaviour.

Sometimes it may happen that children repeat somethings which they might have already heard and they may not realize that it was rude. Children mostly all of them want to be like their friends and imitate them so that they could fit into the group. Some children be rude and back answer unknowingly. It is you who have to explain them what is acceptable and what kind of behaviour is expected from them. Being angry and tired is acceptable but saying unwanted things to parents are totally not acceptable. Make them understand these things so that they remember next time when they say anything.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    It is important for the children to know that every time they won’t be excused or forgiven for their behaviour. Sometimes they might even have to face the consequences, let them know when you discuss their behaviour. Let them know the consequences which they would have to face like they won’t be able to watch TV or play with their favourite play station or will not get to use the i-pad. Let him or her be aware of it earlier itself so that they don’t be shocked after getting the punishment. It is important that you stick to the rules and the protocols so that the child does not feel that the matter is not serious.

Parents expect several things from the children but forget the way they behave. Do not expect the kind of behaviour you expect from the children if you yourself do not follow it. It is important that you be the role model of your child and follow what you mean and have said, so that the children follow you and learn the good habits. Imitating is a common habit in children be it parents or teachers they will imitate. The way you talk, handle situations or any other habit they might start following so it is important that you yourself first follow the rules which you are setting for your child.

Children misbehave and parents make them understand that behaving badly and back-answering is not good. Some children may not listen but children do and when they do it is necessary that you praise them and appreciate them for behaving properly. Keep appreciating the children when they behave well, this way they will be motivated and expecting more appreciation and for that they will try hard day by day so that you are impressed. Rewarding them for their good behaviour can also be a good option to boost their confidence and motivate them. This way they understand that you also notice their good behaviour and like it.

Hi, most of the parents do the mistake of back-talking to the children. It is not always necessary to answer the children back and ignite the conversation. When children have and argument and leave do not go after them and talk as this is what they want that you respond to their action. Set limits, teach them and train them and do not change them. You can talk to the children once they are settled down and quiet so that they understand things more clearly. Prolonged arguments lead to nothing other than cries or dissatisfaction.

nowadays kids have become irresponsible and manner less Back answering is one such bad habit and it is very irritating and annoying thing for parents and when their children do it, it becomes impossible for them to keep their calm and handle the situation carefully. Remember your child has already lost control and you losing control can make the situation worse.But shouting and scolding your children it might be better if you try to find out the reason why the children are doing so.

back answering the people creates a bad image in front of others.parents should teach them the basic things of behaving in front of others.and make them know about their mistakes and also about their behavior.