+ Reply to Thread

Thread: best non-fiction book of 2013

best non-fiction book of 2013

Please suggest best reads in non-fiction category for the year 2013...any idea?

Behind the beautiful forevers: life, death, and hope in a mumbai undercity is real nice and hard hitting. its got 4 stars on goodreads.
    but i think it can be very depressing and hard hitting as well. so you need to know urself before reading it. can you read about other people 's sorrows and pain? if yes, then this book is a must read.

My Share of the Task: A Memoir by Stanely MCChrystal is a good one. General Stanley McChrystal, was the commanding officer of all U.S. and coalition forces in Afghanistan. He has penned down his memoirs in this book. This book has got good reviews with nearly 4.5 star ratings out of 5.

My share of task by Stanely Mcchrystal is a military memoir of his generation. I do not like such books so have not read it. Though my friend has read it and said the book was lucid and very historical. I would recommend this book to those who like military warfare and such issues.