+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Beautiful Daughter

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

My Beautiful Daughter

Do you agree that inner beauty is as important as outer beauty? How can you ensure that your daughter has a healthy body image? How should you teach your daughter about grooming, hair and skin care, and fitness without hurting her self esteem?
    To read the related article, click here.

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Inner beauty is more important than outer beauty but alas the world does not think like this. It only apprecites the outer beauty. My daughter is dark skinned and because of this she has to hear many taunts especially from some close relatives. This upsets me and I try to divert her attention but she feels inferior. Sometimes i feel that outer beauty matters more.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear about what your daughter has to go through. Indeed it is a bad world out there that is more interested in outer beauty but we as a parent have some responsibility towards our kids. We have to teach them about healthy body image otherwise they will not be able to lead a healthy life. A healthy body image gives confidence to deal with any situation. gradually this is the one that will help her come out as a winner.

A person who is beautiful from inside is actually beautiful from outside. This quality though people may take time to realize. Beauty is more than what meets the eye. IT may happen that once we may be admiring the beauty of a person but once we know the real person we may not like her. While a person with inner beauty is always liked, admired and loved. I have always taught my daughter about compassion, love and kindness.