+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tips to start solids to a 4 month old baby..

Tips to start solids to a 4 month old baby..

My baby is 4.5 month old.I am breastfeeding him & i want to start ceralac to him..how much I can start with & how many times I can give it in a day? Other than this whatelse I can give..

Hi Swetha,

Your baby is just has not yet completed 6 months of age so you should exclusively breastfeed him. Exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months is advisable for babies as it boosts immunity and builds resistance against diseases. It will be good if your introduce solids only after your baby completes 6 months, but still if you want to start cerelac then you should start with small quantities. You can also go by the instructions on the pack, but do not make it too thick or the baby would have difficulty in digesting. Make it a little liquid consistency. start with 3-4 tablespoons and observe the reactions. If it is well tolerated, then you can increase the quantity.

Since you are introducing solids for the first time, start with small amount first. It would be difficult for your baby to digest solids initially and his stools may also be hard, so go slowly. Try to give a thin consistency for first few days and gradually increase the quantity. This way your baby will be able to adjust to the new food. You can also give thin daal or vegetable soups but give few tablespoons a day when starting for the first time.

Thank you Simran & Naina for ur tips... 4 days back I've started 1 scoop of ceralac...he is able to digest it..

As you have started with a scoop and he is able to digest it so you can gradually increase the quantity but do not make it too thick.

naina, can u pls give me the recipe of vegetable soup...