+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which cookware is healthy to cook.

Post Which cookware is healthy to cook.

Dear friends,

I am planning to upgrade my kitchen utensils to healthier ones. Please suggest as which metal is good viz., steel, copper, aluminium etc.

thanks in advance.

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi,
    While choosing utensils, use the ones that can be cleaned easily. Many metals react with certain foods so this should be kept in mind while cooking. Aluminum is a good choice and buy the one that is scratch-resistant and anodized. Being anodised, it is sealed so the metal does not get into the food. Don't buy pure aluminium utensils as the metal gets into the food and may cause problems. Steel is another popular choice as it is unreactive and can be used for cooking different food items. It is also low cost.

As for teflon cookware, one has to use it with care. High heat cooking is a complete no-no with teflon.

Hope you got some idea on cookware and would be able to take a decision.

I find aluminium utensils very good. Food cooked in aluminium vessels have a different taste. I have many big pots and pans of aluminium which I use when organizing get togethers or parties. They don't burn quickly and are easy to clean also. Anodized aluminium is the best choice for cooking utensils. I hardly use teflon as I have heard it is not good for health if not used properly. It releases carcinogenic compounds when at a high temperature. so Ranjini, you have to take a decision.

Really very interesting and useful information given here. Loved reading about different types of utensils. I have been using non sticks cookware as they use less oil but after reading all your views, think of getting a makeover. Non stick are good for low heat cooking and I think I have misused them so instead of being healthy, I have been adopting unhealthy practices. thank you all for haring such gems of advice.

Steel is the best quality for cooking and also is healthiest . The double coated utensils get heated faster and are easy to cook and and clean . Try the ones of Aditya Birla company prestige too have them.

I thought that every multi cooker is good for preparing healthy food. You can read the reviews about them on https://agentchef.com/best-multi-cookers-reviews/ and find an appropriate device. In my opinion, you will definitely find anything good. I mean, these are good devices and everybody likes them

it would be good for individuals to keep new kitchen utensils. For that, they can log on to japanese rice cookers where there is everything well explained. This will encourage me to get involved in this project