+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easy Lunch Box Ideas for Kids

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Easy Lunch Box Ideas for Kids

How to pack lunch box for kids? How to make sure that kids do not bring the lunch box half-eaten? How to include vegetables in lunch box of kids?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 18-09-2014 at 04:59 PM.

While packing lunch box for kids, it is important to ensure that the food looks attractive by infusing a lot of coloured foods. Colour will make kids take a liking to the food. Instead of junk, healthy food should be given. A healthy mix of carbohydrates, protein and other nutrients should be packed in the lunch. A sandwich with vegetables or fruits is the best for lunch.

Kids are fussy about vegetables so giving them sandwiches in lunch is a good idea. Multi-grain sandwiches with healthy fillings are nutritious, healthy and also filling. These provide energy for a long time. Other option for lunch box is parathas with filling. In this manner kids, will be able to have vegetables and cereals together. Paneer paratha is very healthy and tasty too. Vegetable idlis are also wholesome for lunch.

Hi, being a parent I understand how difficult it is to cope up with the needs of our children. They always want new things in their lunch boxes. People say it is easy but it is not really that easy to think of a new recipe every single day. In this condition you can add some twists in the regular dishes itself and make them tastier. You can sort of change the recipe or change the ingredient both might help better. Making the recipe delicious and nutritious at the same time is also a task. But there are several recipes you can look out on the internet.

Hello, I can completely understand what you are going through and even I have been through the same situation. It was an exercise for me planning what to prepare for lunch for my kid and it was a struggle indeed as I had to make his favorite dishes to lure them for going to school every day. Later on I read this recipe on internet and tried it for my child and he absolutely loved it and it was also full of nutrition. I read about the tava pulao recipe which included all the vegetables like peas, cauliflower, carrots, sweet corns, French beans, capsicums, onions, potatoes and chillies. You can stir fry all these vegetables in minimum oil then add it in the cooked rice on a tava and then stir it properly adding the right amount of masala.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi you can also try out this easy recipe called the chapatti rolls where you can roll the chapati stuffing a bhaji into it. These rolls are absolute favourite of my child and he loves it whenever I give to him in his lunch box. You can choose the healthy vegetables as an option to add in the stuffing like French beans, cabbage, corn, paneer, carrots, capsicum, potato, mushrooms and even beet root. You can stir fry these vegetables along with some masala then stuff it into the chapati and role it. You can also add ketchup or cheese in it if your child likes any of it.

Hi this recipe is really simple and children today really love it. Pasta is really becoming the favourite of all the kids. You can make vegetable macaroni in tomato basil sauce. You can start making it with stir frying the vegetables which you want to give your child and then add in the boiled macaroni in it and stir it. Then slowly add the cream and tomato basil sauce. If you want you can also add cheese in it if your child likes. The recipe is very rich and creamy in texture full of flavours your child will surely like it.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi, Kids love this non-messy combination for their lunch boxes as cauliflower stays well for a long time without mixing with the Parathas. Tava Parathas are crisper and flakier version of Phulkas that you can cook in Ghee to enhance the aroma rather than cooking in oil. Your kid cannot resist this delicious combination of dry cauliflower Sabji cooked in tomato puree with soft and crispy Tava Parathas. You can change the shapes of the Parathas into circular, square, or even triangular. I am pretty sure your child will love it and ask you to give those more in their lunch boxes.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello, this is another easy recipe if you are ready with the Bengal gram soaked overnight and boiled in salt water. Add the necessary spices and salt to taste. Pack the Kala Chana with whole wheat Chapatis which are golden and puffed up. They look really nice and the combination is so tasty that you have to pack more Chapatis because even your kid’s friends are going to have their share from your kid’s lunch boxes. I think your child will like this recipe and enjoy eating it.

its a known and accepted fact that kids like things that are decorative and attractive to look at,every parent present here would totally agree with me even if the taste of the food is average but if it looks attractive kids get tempted to take a taste of it so a s a parent we can improve our presentation skills to lure them

In order to successfully study, engage in your favorite hobbies and be in time everywhere, you need not only desire and diligence, but also ... strength! The schedule of a modern child is sometimes oversaturated with events, activities and responsibilities. Lessons, sections, clubs, tutors, electives, sports and outdoor games. With omiebox lunchboxes, you can ensure that your child is never hungry.