+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 Ways to Break TV Watching Habit in Kids

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

10 Ways to Break TV Watching Habit in Kids

How can watching TV for long hours affect children? How to break TV watching habit of children? What should be the time limit for children to watch TV?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 17-09-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Many kids are now addicted to television and this affects their normal activities and also health. Watching too much television can lead to eye problems, postural problems and also obesity. As hardly any activity is done while watching television, so the kids become obese. It also affects their thinking skills. The type of programs watched by kids have a profound effect on their mind and the kids behave and even think in that manner. It can also lead to being a social recluse. Growth development may be hampered. Aggressiveness, moodiness and a

TV watching habit can be broken by giving the children opportunities to enjoy their free time. Enjoyment does not come from watching television but from doing things that are of interest. Providing books, activities or toys that are of interest to children will keep them engaged and they will seldom get bored or yearn for television. Taking them out will also make them feel happy and energised and they will not be interested in watching television.

Talking

Well I love the post and agree that this habit can only be controlled if we start spending time with them. Sari Nath has rightly said that "Enjoyment does not come from watching television but from doing things that are of interest." My niece used to watch TV whole day, we tried to engage her, talk to her but of little use. Then slow we understand, that child wants to do thing or are more interested in discovery. They want to experiment or create new things. I bought her a Raffy Store's product this month. Its a educational activity kit. Now she spends most of her time with this kit- doing craft activity, experimenting different things, learning new concept, and of course checking our knowledge

Rightly said Aashima. Doing things of interest and spending more time with kids is the best way to break this TV watching habit. Talking to the kids about their day, friends, interests and eve silly things will make them feel happy and keep them engaged. They would love this feel as they would feel important and this will in turn take away from TV. Taking kids to the library is one thing that I lay stress on as it encourages reading habit. IT also helps in learning many new things and thus boosts language and IQ development. An hour daily in the library will foster good habits and I believe that kids will seldom miss the TV. I think the Poem'Television' by Roald Dahl sums it all.

I won't say that it is such a bad habit but you definitely need to limit the time because otherwise kids won't do anything except watching tv and that is definitely a bad thing

We only watch TV together, I even bought a short throw projector for the purpose, click here to check it out. It is really a great way to spend some time with your whole family in my opinion.

Orb Sole's Avatar Junior Member
    I see nothing bad at watching tv. But of course it's better not to overdo with it

I don't want to restrict my children to watch TV completely. After all, I bought a new tcl 55s425 in order to watch it more. But I understand why some parents are worried about this habit and I let my kids watch only a couple of hours a day.

Dean96's Avatar Junior Member
    Hi everybody, my name is Dean and I'm a student of the UCLA University. Today, many students are confronted with the question of returning to their student lives. Exams are coming, although A lot of study material has been skipped. So, I wan't to tell you guys about this service https://www.articlesummarizer.net/ The first impression was when communicating with the service group, very responsive guys who love their work, they can solve any problem which bothers you.The men work in various directions, so you can handle any requirements, you will be heard. All papers are completely unique and they belong just to you. I am quite pleased with the collaboration with this service, and I will continue to work with them. Wish you all effortless defense, and excellent marks.

extra paper work

Hey guys! I am a student and recently I ordered a paper work on this site http://http://expertpaperwriter.com/ and I liked it.