+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fast walk

Question Fast walk

Hi,
    I just entered 7th month and i walk normally only like i used to walk before. However, I saw many women walking slowly and carefully during their pregnancies. Am i going in a wrong route? should i also walk slowly?

i guess no one has answer for this!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Lalitha Rao; 29-07-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Got no reply

Walking is the best possible exercise for the pregnant ladies. It is the ideal and the safest way to have a good exercise which you need during pregnancy. Brisk walking is quite helpful to burn those extra calories and to stay in shape and fit.

If you have been walking even before you were pregnant then make sure to continue it. If you are new for taking strolls then start with 15 minutes comfortable walking around thrice a week. Once you have a habit of walking you can increase the speed and your rounds as you get comfortable.

Hi walking is a great exercise and every pregnant women should go for walking which is the best possible exercise in pregnancy. But don’t overtire yourself or exhaust yourself completely, stop for some while when you feel tired and just drink water and sit down for some time.

If you don’t get time for specially for going out for a walk then you can go out for short walk distances. If you have to visit some place which is nearby try to go walking and have a good stretch to your legs. Make sure to carry a water bottle with you and stay hydrated.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    The NHS guidelines recommend the pregnant women to walk for about 150 minutes in a week. A 30 minute walk everyday will benefit you with good health, fit body and help you shed the extra fat.

It is very important to be active throughout the day, if you go for a walk in the morning you will feel refreshed for the entire day and will be active. In the first trimester you can carry on with your usual walking habits.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    In the second trimester you may probably feel more energetic than the first trimester. You can try walking longer distances and walking might seem easier. Do not over walk even if you feel energetic as there are several changes which take place which might cause pain in the body.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    In the third trimester you can walk on straight paths avoiding steep paths and slopes. If you have any kind of pain in the back or pelvic visit your doctors. If it is too sunny or hot outside avoid going out and try other exercise like swimming.