+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 Ways for Helping Kids Develop Love for Studies

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

10 Ways for Helping Kids Develop Love for Studies

Why do most of the kids find studies boring? How to encourage kids to study on daily basis? How to help kids develop love for studies?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 13-08-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi, children and studies are always opposite and will remain opposite and we rarely see children who love studying. Parents find it impossible to make their children love studies and interested in them. It is not impossible to make your children love studies and but it might be tough. Do not keep asking and telling children to keep studying continuously, they might find it very irritating and annoying and may not listen to you at all. There are several ways by which you can make your children love studying. Follow those and your children will want to study on their own.

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    It is important that the children learn that he or she is studying for himself or herself. Children feel that they only have to study just for the sake of giving exams. This feeling should be gone and it is necessary that we make them understand that studying is for their betterment and for their bright future. Tell them that if they study with whole heart they can also get a good job in future and have a better life. It is necessary that you discuss the subjects which your child likes and enjoy in the school and also try to make it more fun and interesting.

The most important thing is to set a proper study place for the children. Make sure that the place is extremely comfortable and with a surrounding your children like. Make that study place interesting so that the children also enjoy studying. Make sure that the place is cosy for the child and has enough ventilation and bright enough to make the child feel active. It is also necessary that the children have a study place where there is no distraction and unwanted noises so that the child does not get distracted. I definitely think this thing will work and your kids will be able to study better.

Hi, I totally agree with the above point and think that these things work out properly. Along with the place being comfortable and well-lighted, the room should also be clean and mess free. Nobody will like to study in a messy room especially children. Messy rooms can be a distraction for the children and might tend to make them lethargic. Clean up the messy room and all the study material also ask your child to help you do those things. Keep the useful stationeries and the required study materials properly so that the child does not find it difficult to find it.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    It is always fun for the children to shop stationeries and they thoroughly enjoy it. They love shopping cute books, notebooks, full sized books, different type of pens, rubbers, sharpeners, highlighters, stickers and covers. All these can be fun and interesting but also make sure that these things do not distract the kids. When children study it is important that they study properly and also get the reward of their hard work. Acknowledging the hard work of your child and then appreciating it can also have a very good effect on the child’s mind. Praise your child so that his confidence is boosted.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi, always try to motivate your kid and try to develop a sense of achievement in them so that they realise that studying is really important. Tell them they can develop their personality and also be a person with better future. Distractions are one of the major reasons for the children to lose interest and concentration in studies. It is extremely important to switch off the TV and computer or laptop when the children are studying so that they are able to concentrate on their studies and make sure that the room is quiet. If you want, you can also keep the door closed if there are family members chit-chatting around.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello, helping your children follow a daily routine is extremely important so that they become particular about a schedule and follow it religiously. It is your duty to make sure to follow a particular routine or a timetable which is followed by the child so that he completes the school work in time. You can also make a study plan along with your child and follow it regularly so that there is no difficulty studying and also when the exams approach, your child is ready and prepared for all of it. Make sure you are keeping an eye on the child if he is following or not, slowly later on he will follow it on his own.

Studying is important but taking breaks is equally important. You cannot expect your child to continuously study and concentrate without taking a break. That is not possible and a break is absolutely necessary and this will help your kids to refresh and de-stress. Make sure that the breaks are not too long so that the link of studying is not broken. Let them have short and sweet breaks so that they can have a quick snack or anything and then again continue with studies. This way the child will also not be bored to study.

studies makes the kid lazy and boring.parents should give the child to read books and newspapers as this makes them a habit of learning.we can also make kids to study bey correlating the study with the nature as this makes them to learn and study it easier.parents should also make them understand about the benefits of studying.

I, too, want to develop my oldest son's love of learning so that he can go to Oxbridge in a year. I think that's a pretty good prospect.

I have two sons, they're the same age, and they're graduating from school this year. I think all parents who have children at this age understand what a headache exams are! The question of good preparation came up. Without thinking twice we went to https://oxbridgemind.co.uk/ and chose oxbridge tutor. First of all, the advantage is that the schedule is convenient, taking into account our needs and capabilities. Secondly, saving time on the road, the kids are at home, no need to go anywhere. Thirdly, an individual approach. The classes are based on our requests and needs. I, as a mom, get feedback from the teachers on the material covered and the progress of my sons.