+ Reply to Thread

Thread: aggression in kids

aggression in kids

i hav a 2 n a half yr old son. he keeps pushing other kids for no reason. he doesnt listen to me or my husband at the first time til the time he is hit or punished. how shud i make him understand or teach him to obey commands???

pls help its really embarassing....

The way you handle aggressive behaviour in your child may change from age to age. You need to be consistent. You can’t ignore behaviors one day and respond by screaming at your child the next. If your child has a problem with hitting or pushing his friends, respond with something like, “Hitting is not OK. You need to spend some time by yourself and calm down.” Do your best to make sure you respond the same way every time. Don't get angry.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Your son is too small to understand the right and wrong. you should try to explain him what is right and what not. you should be his role model. Check out if you in any way are giving him wrong cues. Please stop hitting him as this may be the reason he is doing this. You are showing him that hitting is perfectly right thing to do. You have to be more patient in dealing with him as now he thinks that hitting is okay. Try to explain him how this is bad behaviour and he should refrain him from pushing others as it could be dangerous. Try to calm him down at that moment only when he shows aggressive beahviour or tendencies.

Your child will obey your commands only when you show him the right way. You should never hit or spank him as this can be risky as can also affect his mental equilibrium. your child is too small to be hit now. You should rather teach him with examples or stories why hitting is bad and how hitting can cause pain, hurt or even take away friends. You must also try to find out the reason of his behaviour, may be he is feeling insecure or has problem with the kids so he is pushing them away. When you know the correct reason, then only you will be able to change his habit.

test testteteeteetteeste

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi, I have seen too many parents who have aggressive kids and they cannot handle and control their kids. Some children are angry all the time and are aggressive. There is no need to be worried about your child being aggressive, there are several kids who are aggressive but as time passes they tend to be normal and can be brought under control. But it is important to find out the reason why your child is acting so and there is no need to blame your parenting. It might be a reaction to something or something which is not liked.

Hello, one of my friend’s son is so aggressive and hyperactive. She always had complains about him from school that he used to push and hit other children and was very naughty. She did not know what to do, but later on after consulting to the doctor she found out that her husband was the reason behind his behaviour. Her husband had anger controlling issues so her son pick up the same habits and used to follow it. If you react or respond aggressively to the child, he will tend to do the same as you are doing.

I agree with you but there are some parents who are passive but their children are aggressive. The reason behind his is that when the child react violently the parents do not take things so seriously and back down and leave the issue without dealing it properly. It is important for the parents to set some rules and limits so that the child stops acting and reacting aggressively. It is important for the parents to be firm and stable on what they say and do so that the child does not over react for silly things and also it is their responsibility to stop the tantrums which he has been creating by not paying attention to it.

Firstly it is very important for us parents to know that screaming, shouting and hitting the children can make the situation worse. You should not ignore this kind of behaviour if it is repeated consistently. It is important that you are consistent with your child no matter where you are. If you child is hitting his siblings or friend then you can say to him that hitting is not good. Tell him to calm down and think about what he is doing and you need to make sure every time you respond to him, you respond the same way like you did earlier.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello, it is necessary that you talk to your children. Having an understanding with your child will help him get rid of the situation and will help him in overcoming the problem as well. It is necessary that the child knows how he should behave and you should have him prepared earlier itself. He should know what is expected from him and a little pep talk ahead of time will help him understand what is required. If he or she does not listen to you and starts misbehaving again then you can send him on a time out as well. Make him realise why he is on a time out and what actually a time out means.