+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my daughter in law doesn't like her children meeting me

Exclamation my daughter in law doesn't like her children meeting me

my daughter-in-law doesn't like me and so she rarely lets my grandchildren meet me. I don't care that she doesn't like me, because i cant stand her either but I miss spending time with my grand kids. Should i speak to my son about insisting that the grand kids meet me at least once a week? or should i talk directly to his wife? after all i am their grandmother. Me and my husband love our grand kids and our daughter's kids come to meet us every saturday afternoon without fail. why cant we insist that my son's kids come to meet us at the same time also?

This is really sad. Personal differences should never come between the relations. You should try to solve the differences between you and your daughter in law. Once your relation with her is smooth, then only she will eagerly send her kids to you. Children should never be kept away from the love of their grandparents. You can speak to her directly or through your son. Try to sort out the matters before the kids find the tension between the two of you as it is unhealthy for their development.