+ Reply to Thread

Thread: good books by Indian authors

good books by Indian authors

I like books by Indian authors. can someone recommend me some of latest books by Indian authors that are interesting?

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Many good books by Indian authors have been released recently. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri is a good book as well as Fly on the Wall by shubha sarma. Actually I have recently read these two books and I do not know other books by Indian authors

I like books by Amish Trivedi. It series on Shiva trilogy are interesting. 'The secret of the Nagas', 'The Immortals of Meluha' and 'The Oath of the Vayuputras' are simply superb. Though these are not the latest but still classics.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes I agree the trilogy on Shiva by Amish Trivedi is superb. They are high grossing books and they also got 4 out of 5 rankings in Goodread. so if you haven't read; do read these.

Interesting thread. I'm not a fan of Indian books, I read misly American novels, but I think it's time to try something new

I don't usually read Indian books, but once I read The Widows of Malabar Hill. Sujata Massey and loved it. It's a detective book, and it's my favorite genre, maybe, that's why I liked it so much. I prefer reading American literature, and usually, I read books by James Chase, Erle Stanley Gardner, and Conan Doyle. Some time ago, in my literature course, we discussed The Adventure Of The Speckled Band by A. Conan Doyle, and I can recommend everyone to read it; it's very interesting. I also wrote a paper on it. Here is the Article source which helped me to write that paper, and there you can read some articles about that story and other his writing. If you're fun of detective or crime books, I'm sure they will be interesting and informative for you.