+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home remedies to stop problem of ants

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Home remedies to stop problem of ants

Hi..can someone suggest home remedies to prevent ants in my son's room? I dont want to kill the ants, just deter them from coming into my son's room.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Ants are really a problem in monsoons. They are just everywhere and in my case they seems to create a nuisance. I have seen ants lining up my living room and on trailing them, found them to a crack or crevice in the wall. I do not know how can they manage to crack up a wall. I tried to plug in the cracks but still somehow the ants seem to get in by making another crack. Sometimes when I am too much annoyed, I just spray an insecticide but this is only a temporary measure.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I have used powdered borax in cracks and crevices in my place when ants burrowed in around creating a large complex. Clove and garlic work well but for a larger area, they are not as effective. Moreover it is difficult to use them in living room cos of the strong smell. The best remedy that I have found is that I place white vinegar or apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle and spray on areas where you have seen ants. The fungicidal and insecticidal properties in the vinegar help prevent ants.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I tried using the vinegar remedy and it really works. It is excellent and does not even cost a bomb. But I wanted to know how to get ants out of food items. During monsoons,. however hard we try to prevent but some ants do come up in food items. I am finding it difficult to get rid of them.

nice

People have very much worried about ants in their homes. If you have t score osteoporosis small kids in your home, then the ants are a daily visitor to your home. I am looking here for some solution to remove ants perfectly from your home. Some remedies are provided here and thank you so much for sharing it here.