+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tips for baking perfect cake

Tips for baking perfect cake

I love to bake cakes but whenever I bake a cake, it caves in the middle. I tried changing the settings and also added a bit more of baking powder but got the same result. Could anyone help me out?

Do you preheat the oven? Many times the caving in of the cake is because of oven temperature. The first thing to check is your oven temperature. Too high temperature makes cake to rise higher and then cave in, so this could be your case.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Baking a cake is an art. The wrong temperature can cause the cake to rise too far and collapse on itself. The second thing is to ensure that the cake is cooked through by using a skewer or thin knife inserted in the center and seeing that it comes out clean. If the cake is undercooked in the middle, it will cave in.I hope this helps

Baking a good cake requires a lot of know-how, so I often buy ready ones. Maybe it's not as tasty, but it's much easier.

Udiapan's Avatar Junior Member
    Well, if you manage to find a good bakery where bakers love their work, you can get some exquisite cakes whenever you want. Personally, I've started using bakery lauderdale by the sea quite extensively lately, as their cakes never disappoint me. Whether it's a holiday or I'm just in a mood for something sweet, they always have something tasty to order.

I don't think there's any such thing as the perfect cake. While crepe cake delivery meant that you can have the best cake delivered online, it wasn't ever perfect. I don't think anything is perfect to be honest.