+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5 course and 7 course meals

Question 5 course and 7 course meals

What all is included in a seven course meal? How is it different from a five course meal? Do you decide how many courses there should be on the basis of what occasion is it? How much time does a seven course meal and a five course meal take approximately to be served and eaten? Do you have to keep long gaps between serving each course? If so, how do pass time between each course? Does each course have to be served on the dining table only? Can either a seven course or five course meal be served in buffet style?

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    A 7-course meal has an appetiser, a soup, a salad, a palate cleaner (usually a sorbet), 1 fish/chicken main course, 1 red meat maincourse, and 1 dessert.

This is usually held in very formal and fancy dinners. A simple 3-4 course meal is more than sufficient otherwise.

A 5/7-course meal basically means that there are 5/7 different foods that will be served to you in the duration of 1 meal. Owing to the number of courses, the quantity of each course is typically very small. In a 5-course meal, there is a soup, an entree (appetizer), a salad, a main course and a dessert.

I dont think a 7-course meal has two main courses. I think it is appetizer, soup, salad, sorbet, main course, dessert and coffee/brandy/liquer. A 5-course meal is simpler, without a palate cleanser and post-meal coffee/brandy

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    No, a 7/5-course meal cannot be served buffet-style. It is mandatory that it is a sit-down affair.
    You normally wait 5 minutes in between clearing the plate and serving the next course. A 5-course dinner will take about an hour, provided that you have a skilled cook/help staff to help it move smoothly

5/7 course meals are classic examples of fine-dining. Normally french/european cuisine is chosen for such meals. Since they are highly formal affairs, you must inform all your guests in advance so they dress appropriately. Make sure your waiters are well-dressed too. If you are serving alcohol, white wine is usually served with the main course, and champagne with the dessert.

Fabulous post, you have denoted out some fantastic points, I likewise think this s a very wonderful website. I will visit again for more quality contents and also, recommend this site to all. Thanks

beste portretschildering
    foto schilderij