+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diet Plan

Lightbulb Diet Plan

Hi,
    I have been trying to diet since four years now. I eat food every 2 to 3 years without fail. Now, my body has gotten too used to it.
    Breakfast: muesli
    11 am: an apple and soya milk
    Lunch: rice, vegetable, tur dal, cucumber tomato salad, buttermilk, one sweet
    Evening: green tea, brown bread sandwich
    Dinner: Rotating Menu of parathas, frankies, paneer rolls, etc.
    Even when I follow the diet very strictly, I don’t end up losing weight as my body is too used to this regime. Can someone suggest a different diet plan? One where I have to eat every 2 to 3 hours but very different food from normal day to day eating..? Thanks.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Change dinner

Your diet is fine right up until dinner time. Dinner should be the lightest meal of the day. Replace paratha/frankie etc with a clear soup and some salad.
    Breakfast should be heavy, lunch lighter, and dinner lightest. Maybe this is why you arent losing weight

Exercise!

Hi

Diet alone will not help you lose inches or kilos. It MUST be accompanied by some regular exercise. The body adjusts its metabolism according to how active you are. So even if you have been sticking to the same diet, but have lessened your workout, you will put on weight.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Eat cheat eat!

Remove carbs from your diet. But allow yourself a weekly 'cheat' meal. Once a week, enjoy an indulgent meal of whatever you fancy, from creamy pasta to a slice of chocolate cake with cream. As long as you're eating clean, healthy food the rest of the time, an occasional high-fat treat actually speeds up your metabolism.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

My diet plan

This is what I follow:
    Breakfast:
    A bowl of cereal (of your choice, except sugar-coated varieties) with skimmed milk
    Egg whites (boiled or poached)
    Wholegrain toast with a low-fat spread
    Fruit or fruit juice
    Tea or coffee with skimmed milk and a sugar substitute (optional)

Mid-morning snack:
    Handful of nuts
    Glass of water with lemon OR green tea

Lunch:
    Rotis
    Vegetables lightly cooked in olive oil
    Dal
    Salad OR a wholegrain sandwich with low-fat filling, eg: veggies with chutney or hummus, egg with low-fat mayo etc.

Evening Snack:
    Fruit OR idlis OR khakras
    Tea/ coffee with skimmed milk and a sugar substitute (optional)

Dinner:
    It is extremely important to eat your dinner at least 3 hours before you lie down in bed, in order to prevent fat storage:
    Soup
    Salad with a low fat dressing
    Lightly cooked chicken/ fish/ lentils

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Both

Weight loss is about diet and exercise, Maithri. Not just diet alone. I understand that life is very hectic, but surely you can take out half an hour for yourself and your body every alternate day?
    Simply put, your body needs to burn more calories than it is consuming in order to lose weight. So while your diet takes care of not adding on unnecessary calories, exercise takes charge of burning the accumulated calories/ fat.

excellent information