+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does green tea help in dieting?

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Cool Does green tea help in dieting?

I have heard that green tea is very good for people trying to diet....? Is that true? Also can someone tell me the benefits of green tea? Is any green tea fine? The normal actual green tea that you get at vegetable vendors is ok or do you need to buy Twinings or Tetley or something with tea bags?

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes its brilliant for weight loss!
    I personally love twinnings but the normal ones from the bhaji-wallah are also very healthy. Tetley tastes good but stay far far far away from himalaya company's green tea! It is horrible!

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    My sister boils a lo of green tea in water in the morning and lets its cool.. SHe drinks it throughout the day in place of water. Her dietician had suggested it, so Im guessing its a valid method to lose weight.. She hasnt lost weight,, but that could also be because she eats cheese a thousand times a day!!!!

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Definitely

Green tea differs from regular tea in the way that it is processed - its leaves are withered and steamed, instead of being fermented.

It is supposed to boost your metabolism if consumed regularly. Have a cup (without sugar) after every meal. It should help.

Anti-cancer properties

There is no hard evidence, except observations. for example, in 1994 the Journal of the National Cancer Institute published the results of an epidemiological study indicating that drinking green tea reduced the risk of esophageal cancer in Chinese men and women by nearly sixty percent. Its unique ability to prevent cancer and ageing of cells in itself makes it invaluable. I would recommend incorporating it into your diet.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

A boon

Green tea is a boon - The secret of green tea lies in the fact it is rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly EGCG. EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant: besides inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue. It has also been effective in lowering LDL cholesterol levels, apart from inhibiting the abnormal formation of blood clots.

Two cups a day, and you'll be as fit as a fiddle. Good luck!

It will help

My doctor says that green tea increases your rate of metabolism - thus assisting in weight loss. It wont help you lose weight if thats all youre doing, but if youre exercising and dieting, then it will help give faster results.
    It is also good for:
    fighting cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, high cholesterol levels, cardiovascular disease, infections, etc

Lose weight with green tea!

Green can help you burn up to 70 calories in just one day. That translates to 7 pounds (3.5kgs) in one year. Moreover, the only harmful side effect associated with drinking green tea is insomnia due to the fact that it contains caffeine. But, then again, people consume gallons on coffee a day, so it should pose too much of a problem.

It also comes in yummy flavours - I am currently sipping blueberry flavored green tea