+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My boyfriend twisted my arm and sprained it in anger

Kaumi Sharma's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up My boyfriend twisted my arm and sprained it in anger

My boyfriend and I got into a huge argument yesterday about whether or not I should go to Goa with my college friends (both boys and girls). He got very angry because he doesn't know them and is the jealous types. I got very annoyed that he would tell me not to go when I have been dying to go to Goa since last year.

He called me a lot of abusive insulting names and I got super angry. I told him to fuck off and that we are broken up and i turned to leave. He reached out to grab my hand to stop me from going and pulled me back towards him and twisted my arm behind my back as a result. I immediately gasped loudly but he ignored me and told me to stop behaving like a blonde and sort this out.

I yelled at him to let go of my hand and then he realised that he was hurting me. I started crying and he apologised a million times. Do you think he purposely ignored my gasp, and enjoyed hurting me like that or was it an honest mistake?
    I dont know what to think and I am ignoring his calls at present. He has never done anything like this before and I love him. Should I forgive him?

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    This may be a start to an abusive relationship. You must be careful. though this was a rare case but I feel that you should take a tough stand or else it can become a regular affair. One should not be a part of abusive relationship. If its stifling you, then please let go.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Do not take it lightly. Get this issue sorted out at once. Even though this is a first time, but it can happen in future also so do not take it lightly.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    what sort of boyfriend do you have? Does not he have any control over his anger? If he cannot control his anger, then this issue can crop up in future also. Make sure that this does not happen again. take care and best of luck.

I also suffered from the same situations. Or you can say I have seen worst situations in my relationship. I have a doubt on my boyfriend that he was cheating me. I wanted to save the relationship but when the limit crossed I synched my boyfriend's iPhone with mine. This way I got proofs and that was very heartbroken, but I move on and now well settled in my life with 2 kids and great hubby.