+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My husband slapped me when he was drunk

Question My husband slapped me when he was drunk

My husband is just a social drinker and drinks maybe once in 2 weeks. The other day he came home from an office party completely drunk and stinking of alcohol. He came home and wanted to have sex but i told him no as he is drunk and stinking. He got very annoyed but still tried to make me by kissing me. I also got angry and told him to cut it out till he sobered up. Thats when he got super angry and slapped me across my face and called me a bitch.

I was shocked and just stared at him for a minute. He also seemed shocked at what he had done. After almost a minute I reacted and got up to get out of the room crying. He kept saying he is sorry he is sorry. I should let it go right? He s never been that drunk before. It was a mistake right?

Please tell me what you'll think. Thanks!

This is your family matter but seriously I think that you can give him another chance. What he had done was because he was not in his senses. As you said that he never did anything like this before, so you can forgive him. Moreover you can talk it out when he is sober and clear all your issues with him.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    You should forget this incident as this was the first case and as you said your husband was not in his senses. Forgiving and forgetting is the best way to keep sweetness in relationships.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    For give him as this is the first time. He is already feeling guilty and said sorry also. I feel that he is genuinely sorry so instead of blowing the issue out of proportion, forget it.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    If you are so scared then it will be good if you sit down and have a heartfelt talk with him. Also forgive him and get it over with.

yes its your Family MAtter if u really want to give him a chance so decision will be only yours...

i think This is his First Chance So you Should Give HIm A Another Chance and Try To MAke A Healthy Relationship With HIm.

Ohhhh, that's awful! I think it's time for you to think about divorce, if you dare I can advise a lawyer who will do everything properly, of course I had a different problem but he coped with it too, I will tell you I had problems with the registration of rights to real estate. It was a couple of apartments in new buildings. Then I started looking for good attorneys to help me protect my property rights. I started looking online and found the services I needed from Estate Attorney. They gave me a free consultation and provided me with good attorneys who helped me with my problem.