+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to deal with difficult inlaws.

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

how to deal with difficult inlaws.

hi i live in USA with my husband.my husband is a software engineer.i am also looking for a job.i have a baby boy of 21 month old.my husband has two elder brothers. they have 4 kids.when i got married my sister in laws feels jealous with me.they does gossip everywhere about me.my mother is like a devil.before marriage my husband gives all his salary to his brothers.they have made a big house in village.but my mother in law quarrels with us on phone about money.she taunted about me and my parents.nobody from in laws goes to my parents house.A few month back i went to India for a month.even they did not come to receive me .what should i do friends.i am very depressed.

Dhwani Singh's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Learn as much as you can about your depression. It’s important to determine whether your depression symptoms are due to an underlying medical condition. If so, that condition will need to be treated first. The severity of your depression is also a factor. The more severe the depression, the more intensive the treatment you're likely to need.

It takes time to find the right treatment. It might take some trial and error to find the treatment and support that works best for you. For example, if you decide to pursue therapy it may take a few attempts to find a therapist that you really click with. Or you may try an antidepressant, only to find that you don't need it if you take a daily half hour walk. Be open to change and a little experimentation.

Don’t rely on medications alone. Although medication can relieve the symptoms of depression, it is not usually suitable for long-term use. Other treatments, including exercise and therapy, can be just as effective as medication, often even more so, but don't come with unwanted side effects. If you do decide to try medication, remember that medication works best when you make healthy lifestyle changes as well.

Get social support. The more you cultivate your social connections, the more protected you are from depression. If you are feeling stuck, don’t hesitate to talk to trusted family members or friends, or seek out new connections at a depression support group, for example. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness and it won’t mean you’re a burden to others. Often, the simple act of talking to someone face to face can be an enormous help.

Treatment takes time and commitment. All of these depression treatments take time, and sometimes it might feel overwhelming or frustratingly slow. That is normal. Recovery usually has its ups and downs.

To know more : http:// www. helpingdoc. com/ problem/ depression/

Hi Mariam,

Why are you feeling depressed?

1) Your sisters-in-law are jealous of you! Thats a good thing! That means that you are or have something better than them. So be happy about it, and whenever they do something to annoy you, remind yourself that since you are better than them, they are bitter and are therefore lashing out at you. this will help you ignore them..

2) You live in the USA! your mom-in-law stays in a freakin VILLAGE! hellooo! you're living the dream. annoying mom-in-law stays farr away and the only way in which she can annoy you is through long distance calls. Remind her that phone calls are very expensive mid-call and save yourself from her tantrums.

3) Your husband used to give all his money to his family before marriage. Wow.. that is a very wonderful man you have. he knws how important family is and respects and cares for them. Hopefully, he considers you also as part of his family, and will care for and respect you as well.

4) You have a little baby! in the USA! far away from annoying in-laws. Enjoy your life away from your meddlesome inlaws and make a wonderful meaningful life for yourself and your little family there.

Most daughters-in-law complain about their in-laws. Arent you better off compared to them. you dont need to stay in the same house as her and your sisters-in-law. You are far away from them, so their meddling should not affect you as much. Its good that they didnt come to receive you at the airport or interact too much with your parents. Why do you want them to do all that, when they have so many issues in life? Isnt it better that they stay away?

Look at it all positively. And you will realise that while every married woman has major issues with their in-laws, you also have the opportunity to be distanced from all that!

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    thnks dear.