+ Reply to Thread

Thread: joint family

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

joint family

hi friends i live in usa.my husband has 2 elder brothers.they both have four kids.i am also blessed by a baby boy also.actually my inlaws does not like me.they live in india.my mother in law does gossip about me everywhere.when i directly talks to her.she cries and create big dramas.she is very clever.she does not love my son as well.actually my hubby is software engineer.he has made a big house before marriage in village.my inlaws and brother in law lives there.but my mother in law tell me many times that it is not ur house.she will not give our part in that house.my husband does not want to argue with them.beacause after that they do lot of dramas.my husband tells me that forget that house .but i cant.why should i give my house to others.friends tell me .what should i do?

On whose name is the registration of the house done??? if its ur husbands and urs, nobody can take that house from you. Its legally urs. Do not worry !!! Some people try to create dramas to make others life miserable, coz they themselves feel miserable. Fortunately u are in USA, away from all drama. Just try and find out on whose name is it registered !!!
    Even if it is in their name, all legal heirs get equal share in property i believe.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Shweta,

He is right Radha.. Did your husband build this house with his own money or was it money from him, his brother and father combined?

- Hetal

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    actually house actual cost is 30 lakh. my husband's one elder brother does not earn money and other one earns only 13000 per month. they both could not make that house. but that house is in village. they both live there with my inlaws and they will not leave house at any cost. they said many times this house is ours.this is combined. but everyone knows that house is made by my husband. house has no document.

Hi Shweta,

If you are so sure that they cannot make the house, and house has no document......u can look out of land registration. I feel every proprty has some documental proof which says that property belongs to you. If house is not registered, probably the land which is used might be registered, may be on ur in laws name, coz no one can go ahead and build property anywhere. If the land belongs to your FIL and MIL, then too u have an opportunity to claim right over house.
    All you need to do is dig down a little more and find out on whose name the land belongs to.........SOMETHING has to be there. DEFINATELY

Secondly, i just recalled that ur husband had told you forget about the house, probably he MIGHT (it is a possibility) know about the documentation stuff i.e. he might be able to claim land or house on basis of something/some proof...he just does not want to fight over it with family to maintain relations, afterall they are his parents.......DIG DOWN DEEPER !!!