+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relationship Issues as I travel a lot

Unhappy Relationship Issues as I travel a lot

I am a successful businessman married with three grown up children.
    I travel a lot in India as I am starting new businesses in other cities. I spend 5 days of my week in Hyderabad and the weekend is with my family in Bangalore.
    This has been going on since over a year now and my wife is fed up. She misses me and hates being all alone every night of the week. But my Bangalore end of the business is progressing smoothly and doesn't require my presence. My Hyderabad venture is newly started and is really struggling. A lot of money is stuck in the business and I have a lot of loans to repay. I cant help it but i have to leave my family alone.

My wife is always upset and lonely and she is very understanding most of the times. But of late, she has become really upset and cries and fights with me a lot. I don't know what to do. If i could, I would really spend more time with her but I cant. I cant even make her come with me to Hyderabad as we live in a joint family and my elder brother and his wife and my parents are very old. She cant just leave them and stay with me for a long time.

Can someone suggest ways I can make her feel less lonely, How can i make this long distance relationship work?

hi dear neerav,

Its really hard like this situation... well @ a same time ur handling ur business and family, its a hard one.
    I have a idea.
    If u earning well enough , then arrange a maid to manage ur parents and Br's family and take ur wife with u. Dont blame any one after the think left from u..

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Neerav,
    IT's your life and you have to make it work for you. Now it's your age to enjoy so you must maintain a balance between your work and family. You should try to take your wife along with you so that you don't feel lonely. Taking her to Hyderabad, where you have started your new venture would be a good idea, as she will enjoy a new place and you will have time to spent with each other. As you live in a joint family, it will not be much difficult for her to be with you. If she cannot move in with you, then she can visit you more often. While she is away, your brother and his wife can take care of your parents.

Why she can't travel with you? I believe that family is much more important than travellings

Well, first there are many new ways of communication, web cameras, videocalls. But of course, you should from time to time have couple-holidays? I mean together, so She feels you and her importance in your life. By the way, You can together explore some unusual countries like Russia. All I guess you need is an invitation letter russia. It is better to check that for sure. And Just imagine, those unforgettable moments will keep you together even through distance.

Managing relationship issues while constantly on the move can be challenging. The distance and time apart often strain the connection. It's like trying to build a bridge between two islands, each representing your separate lives. However, it's essential to remember that relationships, just like islands, can thrive with effort and communication. Seeking advice and support, such as the insights found at https://happysoundslike.com/living-on-an-island/ can help navigate these turbulent waters and strengthen the bond despite the miles that separate you.