+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to convince my girlfriend to marry me against family (Intercast)?

Unhappy How to convince my girlfriend to marry me against family (Intercast)?

Hello,

Recently I came to know that my girlfriend's parents are opposing for our marriage due to cast issue. She is from upper cast and i am from lower cast. We are from same community "Maharashtrian" And also same religion "Hindu". But they are opposing as I am not belonging to their cast.

My problem is my Girlfriend also want to marry according to her parent's decision. We were in 5 years long relationship and she has comitted me to marry, me only, in the past.. But as now she was brainwashed by her parents and she was too much emotionally attached to her parents he is refusing to marry me. She still wants to maintain contacts with me as we really love each other.

My parents are supporting our relationship. They are ready to accept this girl if she get convinced.If she agrees for marriage then we can do marriage in court. But as I am not getting support from her I am in big puzzle. She says that her mother will suffer a lot if she does the court marriage and other people from his cast will dominate her mother if she acts like that. Her sister and sister's husband are also strongly against our marriage. They threatened her by saying that she will loose all contacts and relations with her parents if she come with me and do intercast marriage.

I am not getting that how to convince her and what can I do to make her trust on me. This is happening since 3 months and creating complete frustration in my life.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Temporary infatuations lead to problems in life.

In India Caste is a big barrier...I can understand the problem.But I have few questions
    1) Her parents dont know about ur relation with her.. for last 5 years????if they know they are ok for love and not ok for marriage??
    2) Marraige is not a easy thing...are you educated enough and have a regular job to support ur self your wife?? if not first focus on that because you will suffer the most after the marriage..if you dont have a decent job.

If you have a good income and if you think you will be able to stand and support her love her though out the life....then go ahead..and be strong...but dont take a quick decision...think very well before you move...because once you get married things are not same..

Honestly...speaking..before you both commit to love you should think if your aprents allow you to get married ....because random infatuations.. and steps taken..without understanding the society are the reason for all this stupid fights and divorces...
    At least now...think logically before taking a step