+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tips for performing better in scrabble

tips for performing better in scrabble

Is there any scope in scrabble? My son is good at scrabble and i do not want to discourage him by stopping him? how can i encourage him to perform better?

You can encourage your child to do better in scrabble by playing with him. Play at his level but dont ever just LET him win as this will be a false ego booster. He will win when he deserves to win. Your kid can learn a lot of new words and things from you or any other adult. If you find that the challenges are not enough, then it is better for you to enroll him in a coaching class.

There's lot of scope for kids interested in scrabble. There are many championships and competitions in scrabble. If your kid is interested in scrabble, then let him enjoy and hone his skills. Find out the competitions taking place in and around your area. This will be a good start for him.

There are many ways to become a better Scrabble player.One of the best things you can do is to ask your kid to read a lot - that will improve the vocabulary. It also helps to buy a Scrabble dictionary so that you will notice some little known words that you can use. Learn as many words as you can for the rare letters – X, Q, J, Z, K. You can score a lot of points by playing these letters well. Know which Q words do not need a U.