+ Reply to Thread

Thread: no time for extra curricular activities.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

no time for extra curricular activities.

My son is 6 yrs old and want to learn western dance. I am also very much interested in his attending dance classes but the problem is that he hardly gets the time. He is forever busy. He comes home from school at 4 and then after sometime goes for his tuition classes. Could anyone suggest how to balance school and extra curricular activities.

Doing too much of anything isn’t a healthy way of living. It is better to have a balance. To balance school work with extracurricular activities requires planning. Staying organized and planning well can give you and your child a lot of free time. Create a schedule: Either in a calendar or planner, plan out how much time you believe you should spend with each activity. By having a structured agenda, you will easily get more done in your time allotted.

Let the kid do whatever he enjoys.Don’t ever force him to spend time doing what he does not like. If he wants to join dance classes, then tell him that he has to find a balance between work and classes. He must finish off his work before going for the classes. If he is really interested, he will do it for sure.

I agree with both Samina and Jaswant. Kids should never be burdened. They should be allowed to do what they enjoy most. If they want to be a part of some extracurricular activities, then they should be explained about managing time. Kids now are much smarter. They can handle everything well. they can manage study along with extracurricular activities. Only they need some encouragement.