+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anybody know a good divorce lawyer i can consult in Mumbai?

Angry Does anybody know a good divorce lawyer i can consult in Mumbai?

I am planning to file a petition to divorce my wife who is staying with her parents for the last 1 year. I have absolutely no idea how divorce petitions work and what all i need to look at. Can someone tell me how to file for a divorce and what all things i should take into account before planning a divorce?

My wife's parents have more money than me, but I think she will still want money (alimony) from me. How can i stop that?

You need to consult a good lawyer. He will handle everything. You do not need to know about petitions and other details as a good lawyer will be able to guide you. Get reference from your friends or colleagues as they will be able to help you. When I get to know about a good lawyer, i 'll let you know.

Consult a good lawyer. You should have a solid reason for divorce. As you said that your wife's parent have more money, but still you have to pay some alimony as she was your wife. You cannot take away her right. If there is a valid case(as decided by yr lawyer), then you may not have to pay any alimony at all.

just go with the lawyer. He is the best person to guide you. You need not worry about petitions as all this will be discussed with you by your lawyer before filing. Each aspect of the case will be discussed so that you do not suffer. By being open with your lawyer, you can increase your chances of winning the case.