+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Competitive exams for school kids

Competitive exams for school kids

Could you tell me some competitive exams for school kids? How can I prepare for these exams?

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    There are many competitive exams for kids in school. There are exams in different subjects also so you can choose from the subjects of your kid’s interests. For science, there is Olympiad and NTSE. They test the child for his knowledge in the subject.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    For Math and Science, Olympiads are best and then there is NTSE as mentioned by Madian. You can prepare your kids by getting previous question papers. The syllabus is the same as in school so no specific preparation required.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    There are exams for other subjects as well. For English, there is Spell Bee competitions. Initial levels are easy and held in school. You will get more information from internet.

Here is a list of competitive exams:
    Exam Name Exam Date Classes Website
    International Informatics Olympiad (IIO) 20th Nov 2013 & 4th Dec 2013 1 to 12
    International Olympiad of Maths (IOM) 19th Nov 2013 & 2nd Dec 2013 1 to 12
    International Olympiad of Science (IOS) 26th Nov 2013 & 9th Dec 2013 1 to 12
    International Olympiad of English Language (IOEL) 28th Nov 2013 & 10th Dec 2013 1 to 12
    Smart Kid General Knowledge Olympiad (SKGKO) 18th Nov 2013 & 20th Jan 2014 1 to 10
    International Talent Hunt Olympiad (ITHO) 25th Nov 2013 & 25th Jan 2014 1 to 10
    National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) 19th Sep 2013 & 4th Oct 2013 2 to 12
    National Science Olympiad (NSO) 15th Nov 2013 & 28th Nov 2013 1 to 12
    International Maths Olympiad (IMO) 5th Dec 2013 & 19th Dec 2013 1 to 12
    International English Olympiad (IEO) 16th Jan 2014 & 30th Jan 2014 1 to 10
    National Level Science Talent Search Exam (NSTSE) 2nd Feb 2014 2 to 12
    Unified Cyber Olympiad (UCO) 6th Sept 2013 2 to 10
    Unified International English Olympiad (UIEO) 22nd Nov 2013 2to 10
    State Level Talent Search Examination (SLSTSE) - Only for Andra Pradesh Students Date not announced 3 to 10
    Maths Talent Search Exam (MTSE) 16th Feb 2014 3 to 9

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi, there are so many competitive exams today available for the school children. But I find it really confusing which exam should my child give. There are different exams right from standard one to standard ten students. Some exams are taken in the school itself and some are taken outside privately. Different exams are conducted by different authorities. Some schools are helpful enough to encourage the children to give certain exams and even help in the preparation of the exam. Sometimes these exams feel like burden for some students as they already have so much pressure of studies from the school.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    These exams are very beneficial to give as your students receive the participation certificate as well which are helpful in future for getting jobs and projects. There are schools who send notice to the students and their parents who are interested in giving those exams can approach to the school and take the exam forms from the school to fill it. For the scholarship exams parents need to go to the ZillaParishad office for the further process.There are several competitive exams and some of which cover the portion of the academics as well.

It is important to know whether your child is eligible to give such competitive exams or not. Have a talk with him or her if they want to give the exam let them enrol for it but do not force the children only because you want them to give the exam. Some of the exams are Science Olympiad Foundation's (SOF), International Maths Olympiad (IMO), National Science Olympiad(NSO), International English Olympiad(IEO), National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) all of these exams can be given right from std. 1 to std. X. The Maharashtra State Board Scholarship Exam can be given in the std. IV and std. VII and Olympiads by Government of India for class XII and lower.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    There are several other exams like English Marathon which can be given right from std. 1 to std. X. other exams like Unified Council Olympiad's (UCO), National Level Science Talent Search Examination (NSTSE), Unified Cyber Olympiad (UCO), Unified English Olympiad (UIEO) can be given from std. 2 to std. X. The Dr.HomiBhabhaBalvaidnyanik competition exam can be given by the students of std. VI and std. IX. The Hindi Rashtrabhasha Exams are conducted by Maharashtra Rashtrabhasha Sabha Pune and can be given by students from std. V to std. IX. The National Talent Search (NTS) Examination conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) can be given in the std. X.

silavax608's Avatar Senior Member
    I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work. ethereum kopen brugge

I've proper selected to build a blog, which I hold been deficient to do for a during. Acknowledges for this inform, it's really serviceable! ΝΕΑ

It is especially decent, though look into the tips during this home address. pinjaman rupiah cepat

This content is simply exciting and creative. I have been deciding on a institutional move and this has helped me with one aspect. wall speaker wire

Acknowledges for penmanship such a worthy column, I stumbled beside your blog besides predict a handful advise. I want your tone of manuscript... skin purging process

On that website page, you'll see your description, why not read through this. istanbul airport meet and assist

I use basically superior fabrics : you will discover these products by: funny ptsd quotes

These things are very important, good think so - I think so too... Fysiotherapie praktijken Groningen

Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written. гидра официальный сайт

I propose merely very good along with reputable data, consequently visualize it: youtube views buy