+ Reply to Thread

Thread: making studies enjoyable

making studies enjoyable

My kid does not like to study. He hates Math especially and for other subjects also he is not much interested. How do I make study enjoyable for him?

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    It is a matter of concern for most mothers. Try to make studies enjoyable for him by incorporating games. Interactive games like number games or addition games make study time more fun. Even i had faced the similar problem and then I got him books which taught subjects through games. I also bought him interactive CDs and he now enjoys his studies.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Teach your child to love Math

IndiaParenting just put an article on this topic on Facebook last week! This is the article for Teaching kids to Love Math: http://www.indiaparenting.com/intell...thematics.html

All the Best!

It is not new to us that the children do not like studying and run away from it as much as possible. When we say to the children that it is time to study or do homework you will hear no response from them. They feel that studying is kind of a punishment and feel it is quite boring. Regular studying in the same old boring way can be very irritating and boring for the children like a regular routine. Try to make their studies more interesting and fun so that the kids enjoy it and want to do more.

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Regular studying can be a habit for our children which can help our students in the future also. There are some children who have a good habit of studying on their own and they do not any one to come after them to say it’s time to study. All the parents wish that even their children would have such good study habits. But not every parent is lucky to have such children, also there are children who are poor in their studies can be helped by taking some proactive steps. These steps can help your child study so that he can cope up with others.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello, you should motivate your child by the joy of learning so that your child does the best. Discipline is important but inspire your children with some goals so that they feel motivated to achieve them. Tell them where studies can lead them so that they don’t feel pointless and abstract. Tell them the importance of studying and grades, how it will benefit them in the future and how far they can go if they study properly. Also let them know how proud you will be of them when they study properly and succeed in life.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Children should understand the importance of studying, let them know by giving examples. You can also take your child to a person who is extremely fond of studies and is study conscious. You can also give an example of his friend’s itself who do not study properly and mention the reasons behind it like the bad habits he has or if he does not listen to his parents. That might inspire your child a bit that he should not be like that. This way you can make your child study and once he understands the importance of studying I am sure he will work quite hard.

Dhwani Singh's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello, once your child starts his or her schooling you can start showing them how to manage their time. I know you might feel that it is too early for the kids to think about all this but it will be very beneficial for them further and there won’t be any problem for them to adjust. Teach them than school is more important than TV and games and studies should be taken seriously. Once your child finishes studies or complete the homework appreciate him or her so that they understand the importance of it.

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi, when you are teaching your children the importance of the studying then also teach them the consequences which they have to face if they fail, they will have to repeat the same class again with the children who are younger to them. If they fail to do the homework then tell them the teacher might punish them in front of everyone which is not good. Remember that you should not force your child to study if he does not want to but don’t make it a habit that they ignore studying all the time.