+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Talking about hormonal changes

Talking about hormonal changes

My daughter is in her preteens and going through puberty. She has become moody lately. she is not interested in her studies and is always with her friends on her mobile. I am concerned as this is a very precarious stage. I want to speak to her regarding changes in her body and other hormonal changes that she will be experiencing. How should I start the topic.

Sneha Rathod's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    This is the right age to discuss such issues with your daughter. You must prepare her for the changes so that she is well prepared and does not get misguided by friends. Indeed it is difficult for parents to broach the topic but you can do it with the help of a book. your approach should be casual. Please try to give as much information as possible.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Moodiness during preteen years come due to hormonal changes. I also observed the same behaviour in my daughter when she was going through the period. She was always shouting and answering back for no reason. She was disinterested most of the time. That's when I took her into confidence and explained everything about periods, hormonal changes and changes in the body. I know it was difficult for me to start the topic as I was raised in a conservative family where such issues were never discussed, but I never wanted my daughter to suffer or get misguided.