+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tai chi benefits

Red face tai chi benefits

is tai chi beneficial only for relaxation of the body or does it also help with losing weight?

Tai chi, often called meditation-in-motion, is an age-old chinese concept and is now being incorporated into our stressful lives. It helps in toning the body, relaxing and focussing the mind, and calming yourself. It was originally a self-defence art, but is not used as a destressing relaxation technique

Sneha Rathod's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Tai chi is a whole lot of fun! Taking a class may be the best way to learn it, by seeing a teacher in action, getting feedback, and experiencing the group effort. Most teachers will let you observe the class first to see if you feel comfortable with the approach and atmosphere. You will have to find out about that.

Once you learn it, it is very easy to do at home. No equipment required!

Dhwani Singh's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Tai chi is an ancient Chinese tradition that, today, is practiced as a graceful form of exercise. It involves a series of movements performed in a slow, focused manner and accompanied by deep breathing. It involves gentle stretches and poses, and easy manipulation of the muscles and joints. It aids in increasing flexibility, reducing stress, detoxification, and weight loss.

DO NOT start Tai chi unless under the guidance of an experienced teacher. Knee damage due to misalignment of the joints is a common problem. If alignments are taught properly, this never happens.
    Also, anyone with any existing medical problem should consult their physician before commencing tai chi.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I have been into Tai-chi since 4 years now. It has helped me calm down, face life with a renewed spirit, and it has helped me control and regulate my breathing, which is VERY important.
    My sense of balance has marginally improved, muscles have toned up, flexibility has increased, and I have lost weight.
    Would DEFINITELY recommend it