+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maths Activity for kids

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Maths Activity for kids

Are there any number activities to help my preschooler basically I want number activities for identifying numbers, counting and then putting them to use in one to one correspondence. I want my kid to love Math.

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    There are many activities that can help kids in identifying numbers. Mix and matching numbers is one jut activity and it is the fun way of knowing the numbers. Another activity is to go fishing with numbers. A magnetic fishing rod and magnetic numbers can be a fun way of learning numbers and counting.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    These are quite fun ways of teaching numbers. Thanks for sharing with us. I have twins and am going to start teaching them numbers in this way. I am sure it will be a fun time. This can be modified to include simple additions also.

A great way to learn numbers. So simple yet so fun. Math will be the most loved subject now. The fishing idea is the best. This activity can be done using balls also but with balls, you have to throw into a numbered hole. This helps in number recognition and also gradually can be used for adding.

Another way is to make cubes/ dice (of paper or cardboard) and writing numbers on them. Use these to play games so the child is exposed to these numbers and learns to identify them sooner.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    We can make a child to love Math by exposing them to practical activities. Take craft sticks and paint different shapes from square to circle in different colours and ask your child to match it. Then you can test the skill by asking your kid to say the shape of the door, window, box, etc. Schools also use these activities to educate the children. My kid learns it very fast as the Orchids school makes it easy to understand the concepts with proper instruments and practical demonstrations.

Great ideas to make kids love Math out here! Thanks all!

The fishing idea is the best.