+ Reply to Thread

Thread: too little breastfeeding

too little breastfeeding

I feel that my baby is not having enough of milk. Though he is gaining weight, but still I think he should be having more milk. I feed him 4-5 times per day.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Your newborn should be nursing eight to 12 times per day for about the first month. Frequent feedings stimulates milk production. By 1 to 2 months of age, a breastfed baby will probably nurse seven to nine times a day. You should feed your baby on demand.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    If your baby is gaining weight, then you need not worry. Newborns should not go more than about 4 hours without feeding. As newborns get older, they'll need to nurse less frequently, and may develop a more reliable schedule.

You
    should breastfeed on demand and let your baby feed till he stops. When he stops, it signals that he is full. There is no need for concern if weight gain is normal.

Hi,
    Feeding your baby in initial days is very important not only for your baby but also for you. If you feel that your baby is not nursed well and should be fed more why don't you opt for mannual breast pump by chicco. I am using the same and it is really good.