+ Reply to Thread

Thread: peculiar problem of having a picky eater preschooler

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

peculiar problem of having a picky eater preschooler

I know that preschoolers are picky eaters but I have a peculiar problem. My preschooler son does not like to eat anything. He does not seem to feel hungry at all. I only try to force feed him. He is interested in watching television, or playing. He is quite tall for his age but as he does not eat anything willingly, he is quite lanky and thin. I am afraid that he will be malnutritioned.

There must be something that your kid likes. Try to give that more often. Are you sure that your kid is a picky eater? He must not be interested in eating because he likes to watch television or play. He is just more interrested in playing.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    As babies reach toddlerhood, their nutritional needs slow down dramatically and food becomes less important for a busy, active toddler.It is important for a child to have planned snack times, but limit what is offered and make those snacks count as nutrition power-house foods. Allow him to choose what he wants to eat.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Try to make eating a fun time for your son. Toddlers and preschooler if are involved in the process then they tendto enjoy food more. Take him to the grocery store and have him help choose healthy food options. Give your child her own grocery list with pictures of the foods to pick.

In the Preschoolers Yippee Club, someone has uploaded a very nice picture that will benefit all moms like u and me who have picky eaters..
    See the first image in the photos tab on this page..

Homemade Frozen fruit popsicles! what a great idea! kids will just fall for it and eat something healthy!

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    even my daughter is also having same issue.. she is reluctant to take food most of times...