+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanting to reduce post delivery weight

Wanting to reduce post delivery weight

I had delivered a baby girl last month. After delivery, still i am looking pregnant with a big belly. I just can't see myself in mirror and feel depressed. i had thought that I will be my usual self again after delivery. Can anybody guide me.

Tips for postdelivery weight loss

Do not worry. you will soon be able to reduce weight if you continue with healthy eating and breastfeeding. you can have warm water with lime and honey the first thing in the morning. along with this you should have more of fruits and vegetables. Try to have a healthy diet and also include some light exercises.

Diet and exercise tips

I had put on a lot of weight during my pregnancy and it took me a while to reduce it. I followed a slow and steady approach. Try to increase your fluid intake as it will help to flush out the toxins and up the metabolism. Include more of sprouts, salads, soups and other healthy alternatives in your diet. Brisk walking is good idea. follow the regimen and soon you will be your pre-pregnancy shape.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

tips for diet and exercise post delivery

you should start postpartum exercise as soon as you feel that you are ready. Start slowly- give your body time to heal. you should not crash diet to lose weight. Milk production requires an extra 500 calories/day. it is important to consume enough calories to keep up your energy level during this time of healing and change. You should not, however, consume more calories than necessary. Include some postpartum exercises for quick weight loss.