+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Research on contraceptive side effects

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Research on contraceptive side effects

Have you experienced any side effects with contraceptives? I am doing a research on different contraceptives and their side effects. Feel free to discuss the side effects here.

side effect of pill

I was on the Pill but I felt nauseous and had severe cramping. While I was on the Pill, my periods were irregular during the first few months and then stopped altogether. i was alarmed so i stopped taking it and now I am using diaphragm.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Implants for contraception

Implants are a good choice for long term contraception but they have their own share of side effects. Some women do cope well with these implants but I could not cope with it so I had to switch to other methods. I experienced breast tenderness, acne, headache, nausea and vomiting. Once or twice, the device also got displaced so I had to go to the doctor to reinsert it.

Side effects of implants

I agree that implants have too many side effects. I experienced severe cramping and back ache. Stomach cramping and lower back pain was most common complaint and sometimes, I had headaches and acne too. This was unbearable for me. If these side effects could be avoided, then implants are best for long term protection.