+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fairness concern for my girl

fairness concern for my girl

Hi, My name is seema. I have two daughters. 7 & 2. My elder one is very much dark in complexion but my lil one is very much fair. there is very big and visible complexion difference between both and because of this i am very much worried. Can you please advise based on your experience. How can i help her to get a fairer complexion.

Thanks...

Hi Seema,

a fairer complexion is not necessarily considered hot these days..
    please do be careful not to say things like that in front of your daughters or they may get an inferiority or superiority complex..

instead of trying to make your daughter just fairer, why dont you try to ensure that her skin is spotfree and clear and healthy.. make sure she drinks a lot of water in the day, and a glass of warm water with lemon in the morning. you can also ensure that her diet is filled with fruits and leafy vegetables. reduce eating of junk foods and drinks.. instead encourage her to eat more natural foods..

also ensure that she gets some form of exercise daily.. this will all flush out her toxins from the body and make her skin clear and flawless.. this will also help somewhat in making your daughter's skin more fair. in addition, you can also ensure that you apply coconut oil or sunscreen on her skin before going out in heavy sunlight.. takin a bath with malai or chane ka maida will also help her skin get fairer..

Hi Seema!

you could also make a homemade lemon honey mask.
    mix lemon juice and honey. apply it to your daughter's face for 20 minutes, then wash it off.
    if her skin is dry then use cucumber instead of lemon.

also use a light exfoliator once a week and moisturise her skin every night..

ensure she has a balanced diet.. dont use fair and lovely or any other of those fairness creams! they are very bad for a young girl's skin..

Dear Shweta,
    thanks for the concern shown above, really appreciated. but friend we are not those kind of parents who dont know what to talk where. we totally understand about inferiority things ... so dont worry on this part... and about the diet we are pretty much sure she takes good diet... yeh this is true we have to work on her exercise... rest all is already being followed... what i meant by my origiinal post is, if you have two kids and both are totally opposite complexion then as a parent you start getting worried and when they will grow they themself can start feeling this thing and other things related to society. thankfully we not in india so this is OK here but back in India this is still a concern... so if you have any idea apart above do share .. thanks for replying and giving time to the post.

guys any more views on my above reply

Making skin fair is not possible. It comes along with the jeans. Beauty comes with style. So not don't worry.

True.. complexion does not matter. The style matter. As she is only 7 year old now, you need not worry about the complexion. Always make sure you try to develop a habit in her of taking care of herself and be cautious about her dressing.

In my case I'm very fair where as my younger sis is wheatish.. but she is very stylish and had good sense of dressing. she picks the right color of clothes which used to suite her and in any occasion she is always the show stealer.

As your daughter is still a kid, you can start with besan pack which includes besan, pinch of turmeric, malai... this will not make her fair but improve her skin glow.