+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my 10 year old saw our me and my hubby in intimating position

my 10 year old saw our me and my hubby in intimating position

Me and my husband have sex once in a week,. Am 45 year old and he is 48, and we love each other.Last Saturday , we accidently left a little creak in the door to our bedroom(usually we lock it completely shut), and when I opened my eyes, I saw my son peeping. I immediately stopped my husband because he was kissing my boobs and neck, and my son quickly ran away. Now, I don't know how long he has been there watching us because I only noticed him watching once and then he ran away. Of course then we didn't want to talk to him, so he went to sleep, and we locked the door and continued till my husband was done. This whole day he hasn't even talked to us, and is locked in his room and I don't know how to approach him. Me and my husband don't plan to stop having sex, but we feel that our son is till too young to know about sex (he is 10 yrs old). Please tell me what to do!!!! Im desperate!!

Your child would be going through varied emotions. It's advisable not to approach him regarding the incident for a while.
    Indirectly assert that smart children do not share their family matters outside. Hug him more often, kinda family embrace...u, spouse and him. Let the warmth of family love prevail over his mind. Don't be drastic in your approach.

Hi,

I disagree that your child is too young.. He is already at the stage where he is well aware of his body and that adults do gross things.. the problem is that he is unaware of what those things are. Now that he has seen you, he must be confused and uncertain about what went on.. here.. this article is very good to explain how to react:

"So, while I always advise parents to check that they've locked their bedroom door (and install a lock if one is missing), I also tell them not to be devastated by a surprise visit. There is no harm in children understanding that parents share a special way of being physically intimate with each another. (In fact, it's very healthy.) Such an experience may be embarrassing, but the best approach is to remain calm and matter-of-fact. Parents can say, "We are having some private time together and we would like you to leave the room. Please be sure to close the door."

Parents should also go to the child to ask what he saw -- or thought he saw -- and to invite questions or offer reassurance about what has happened. A 3-year-old might wonder if anyone was being hurt (based on the sounds and actions), so it's a good idea to reassure him. A 5-year-old is likely to be quite the scientist and try to get as close as possible -- while going undiscovered -- to figure out exactly what is happening. (Offer some information to "the scientist" and this should suffice.) An 8-year-old may have hit the "gross" stage and think that it's weird that anyone would ever want to do that. A 12-year-old is likely to be "grossed out" and turn on his heel because his parents were having sex!

Parents who get caught fooling around need to understand that kids process information about sex -- everything from what their friends discuss with them to what their parents do -- gradually and incrementally. That means if a child happens to see his parents, he's likely to feel some surprise. But not as much if he or she already knows that his parents sometimes express their care for each other by kissing and rubbing their bodies and genitals together while naked in bed. Offer your children a constant stream of sexual information, and if they happen to see you in the act, the dreaded "primal scene" need not be so upsetting."

Its quite better to lock the doors and be safe