+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my husband and in-laws want me to have another baby but we cant afford it.

Post my husband and in-laws want me to have another baby but we cant afford it.

my husband and in-laws are pressuring me to have another baby but i am not willing to because we anyways have too many money problems. we can barely afford to give our son a decent education and if we have another baby then both kids' quality of life will be horrible. but my in-laws are orthodox and feel that there need to be at least 2 children to make a proper family. my husband is also agreeing with them. should i just give in or am i right? how to talk to them about it. i mean, it should be between my husband and me. i should not have this discussion with my in-laws...right?

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    This is a very personal matter and I think more than buckling under the pressure, you should discuss the issue with your husband. If your husband thinks that he can manage and will be able to raise two kids without any problems then go ahead.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    its a very personal matter but I feel that two kids complete the family. With a single kid, there is more of pampering and this results him in being spoilt. With a sibling a kid learns the value of relationships, sharing etc.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    i also feel that you should go in for another baby. its not that i m saying bowing in to pressures but this decision you will appreciate in future. When yr only child grows up, he will be feeling lonely bcos of absence of sibling. I have a single child and i know the pain that my son feels when he sees other kids with their siblings. he always wants me to be by his side so he can play or wants friends which is not possible always.