+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One concerned parent to another about daughter's safety

Unhappy One concerned parent to another about daughter's safety

I'm Vybhav and I'm a stay at home dad. I'm particularly concerned/paranoid about my kid's safety when she's either travelling to school or her friend's house and I was thinking of implementing some sort of location tracking/parental control mechanism, atleast untill she turns 14-15.

I was wondering if I'm alone in the way I think? How do you deal with a situation like this? Let's say your kid's start going to school on the school bus and you'd like to ensure that he's left the school on time, on the right bus, travelling on the right route,etc. I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on this matter too.

If you have implemented any solutions? What are they and what are they missing?

Cheers,
    Vybhav

In a day and age when parents fear for their children's safety. Not only do we love our children, but they are our future. Some schools like smart schooling provide Gps school buses, RFID online attendance system or more. Once the student enters or leaves the bus, the information is transmitted into the tracking server and accordingly parents receive SMS alerts I If an emergency occurs, the location can be immediately pin-pointed by authorities and assistance sent out immediately. I think you and for your children to other children in their school gps should talk about school!

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Vybhav.. I think that you are being a little paranoid.. However, in this day and age, a little paranoia is expected from most parents.. When your daughter gets old enough to carry a phone, you can track her phone using a lot of different apps. while she is younger, arrange for the school bus to pick up and drop her.. that will ensure that she is never alone..

Children are probably the most important thing in my life. They can get into dangerous situations or get lost somewhere. I taught my daughter to always carry a GPS tracker https://family1st.io/best-gps-trackers/ with her everywhere. This will keep her safe and make me feel less stressed.

How old is your daughter? Can't you just buy her a phone and text her whenever you're worried about her location? And there will be no need to track her

That's a little paranoid because when we were kids, our parents didn't even think about tracking us, but I understand that the time is not so safe nowadays, so I get why you'd like to know the location of your child. At least you're not planning to track her whenever she's at home because my friends decided to get a Hub Plus, connect a few surveillance cameras, and basically spy on their kid. They say it's just to make sure he won't get hurt or something, but I think it's just crazy.