+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to raise kids well in a joint family?

Question how to raise kids well in a joint family?

no matter how late my son is to school, how bad his marks are, how less he studies, I am not allowed to yell at him . everytime i yell at him, he goes and runs away to my in-laws. they are all the interfering types who tell me that he is just a child dont yell at him and that he will learn all this on his own as he grows up.

My son is slowly slowly becoming a brat, always back answering and refusing to listen.
    how can i discipline him if my parents-in-law and brother-in-law and wife keep interfering?!?!!?!

How do i deal with all this and still ensure that my son learns manners and discipline??!?!?!

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    tell them that they had their chance to discipline when they had their children. this one is yours, you have the right to choose how you want your children to be punished. Too much interfering will spoil the child which everybody will regret later

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi this seems a serious issue and is common in joint families. You can discipline your child without yelling at him. Yelling is too harsh and moreover your in laws also interfere when you yell so why don't you have some bonding time with yopur son when both of you are relaxed. you can explain him then the value of being disciplined, good studies and how people will admire him more for all this. I am sure hje will n derstand this.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Agreed with you all. a joint family sometimes gives rise to tug of war like situation with each member trying to control the reins of the child and child is the one to suffer in the long run. Grandparents tend to get overemotional and over protective of children thus most often not realising that this is causing major discipline issues. What I do to ease the situation in my family is that I try to make them understand the value of good education and discipline. I never raise the topic in front of kids as kids can manipulate everything to their advantage. When kids are not around, I discuss the discipline issue with my in-laws and then take the necessary action. This way I avoid any ugly situation.

There are many big in a joint family to do your homework and make him to do homework on time but you should know about that is website of assignment at big assignments website writing and check other website review and proofreading before make it done on time.