+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do Kitchen Herbs attract Insects?

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Do Kitchen Herbs attract Insects?

Does kitchen herbs like basic, oregano and tulsi attract ants or other insects? I want to grow them in my kitchen but am worried about too many insects..

Kitchen herbs do not attract insects or ants. Herbs have a strong smell due to presence of essential oils which prevent insects and other pests from coming near them. So growing such herbs in kitchen is a good idea as it will keep pesky insects away.

To answer your question directly, yes, various insects are attracted to the herbs in the kitchen. I often have mosquitoes, cockroaches, and other critters in my kitchen. I was very annoyed with this and therefore I ordered myself a mosquito trap at https://envirobug.com.au/collections/mozzie-traps. I must admit it was probably the smartest decision of my life. You will not find a better gadget than the insect trap!

torpot's Avatar Junior Member
    Zara shopping hub opens its gate from Monday through Saturday at 10 a.m. in the morning. While on Sundays, malls opens two hour later at 12 p.m. https://storehourss.com/zara-store-hours/

Kitchen herbs like basil, oregano, and tulsi (also known as holy basil) can attract ants and other insects, especially if they are grown indoors. However, there are ways to mitigate this issue and enjoy the benefits of growing herbs in your kitchen without attracting too many pests: Proper Plant Care, regular Maintenance, natural Repellents, cleanliness, barrier Methods, professional Help.
    By implementing these strategies, you can enjoy growing kitchen herbs indoors while minimizing the risk of attracting ants and other insects. Remember to stay vigilant and address any pest issues promptly to keep your herb garden thriving. Stickman Boost