+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Common Behavioural Problems in Small Kids You Should Not Ignore

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Common Behavioural Problems in Small Kids You Should Not Ignore

What kind of misbehaviour is sometimes overlooked by parents? Which are the different types of behavioural problems in children? What are the consequences of taking small behavioural problems in children for granted?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 21-01-2014 at 05:34 PM.

My daughter is going to complete her 9 yrs in a couple of months. She is indeed a very good daughter moreover a good child by heart. Always ready to help others which affects her own work. She also starts behaving like small children in front of others by her way of talking ... I think she tries to gain everybody's attention but it doesn't looks good. In others absence she behaves normal. What should I do to get rid of her habit.

Hi Payal,

Your daughter is trying to get attention. there can be different reasons for doing this. You should try to find out the reason. It could be due to the fact that she is feeling neglected. It is normal for many kids to need attention but too much of this is a problem. Sometimes kids may misbehave to get attention. This leads to indiscipline issues. Try to find out the cause behind such attention seeking behavior. Try to explain to her that what she is doing is not normal and does not look good. You should try to strike a balance.

My friend's son has a habit of interfering when we are talking. He always comes in and speaks what he wants to say without saying excuse me. I don't like this habit of his. It is really a nuisance and I am surprised at my friend's reaction. She is happy to see her son take part or butt in between the conversations. She thinks it is so cute and smart but I know sooner or later she will realize her folly.

It is a universal fact that all the children have behavioural problems. Every parent has to face these behaviour issues in their life. Every parent wants his or her child to have good behaviour and positive mind. Kids have issues which sometimes should not be ignored and every parent should take it under consideration. Some children have temper and anger issues and have habits of back answering their parents and teachers. Some problems are the regular ones but there are some issues which should be taken seriously and should be solved otherwise in future it may cause trouble to all.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    The behavioural problem depends on the age and surrounding of the child. Some problems are natural and obvious while some are adapted from others, influenced from others and also imitated from others. Sometimes arguments and fights in the house between two adults can be very seriously affecting the child’s mind. Your child might start behaving different and be more aggressive. Try to find out the reason behind it and try to take care of your child. Try to boost confidence in your child and make him understand the way he is behaving is not right. If the matter is too serious then you should visit a professional who can help you.

There are various reasons behind the changed behaviour in children. Children are very sensitive and their innocent mind can get easily affected by the things happening near or surrounding him. It is necessary that you pay attention to your child and be available for him whenever he needs you, if you don’t pay attention your child might start throwing tantrums for unnecessary things or just to gain your attention. When your child is exposed to any kind of violence then if might affect him badly and he might start behaving the same and might hurt someone or himself.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    You might have seen that your children have a habit of talking in the middle or interrupting you when you are talking with someone. The reason behind this might be that he wants to tell you something or wants to share something with you. Usually in this case parents ignore the child or tell him to keep quiet and tell them later. This should not be done as the child might be hurt and night feel ignored.Make sure to listen to him and then continue your work so that the child does not feel that he does not get attention for his parents.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes children tend to get rude and hit other children while playing with them in front of you. When you see this it is important that you confront them and ask them you he did so. He might tell you the reason and then you can properly tell him that whatever he has done is not right and hurting others is not a good thing. Make him realise his mistake but make sure you don’t shout or hit him, just be calm and patient. Also tell him what he someone else does this to him how will he feel.