+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my sister in laws are worde than uninvited guests

Angry my sister in laws are worde than uninvited guests

my husband has four sisters, all married with kids. they just come home whenever they want and expect me to serve them like guests. they never call and say they are coming. so many times i have had to eat just snacks for lunch or dinner because they come without telling and there is not enough food made for everyone.
    what's more, i have had to cancel so many of my outings because they turn up whenever they want. they plan with each other before coming home, so why cant they just inform me?? how can i deal with them? how can i let them know nicely that i also have a life.

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    you are indeed in a difficult situation. you cannot say anything to them directly as it will b misconstrued. Why don't you speak to your husband? may be he will be able to understand your feelings and find out a solution.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Sunil and would suggest you to confide your feelings to your husband. He is the best person to handle this situation. He knows his sisters and as a brother can say anything to them without being rude.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Try to deal with the situation sweetly. whenever your sister in law come calling, tell them if you had pre-informed then you could have made their favourite dishes. don't work yrself up when they come but take it casually, soon they will realise that they are not invited daily. you have yr own life and you need to take hold of it.