+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post Delivery Blood Clotting

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Post Delivery Blood Clotting

What is post delivery blood clotting? Is blood clotting normal after delivery? For how long does blood clotting last after delivery?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 20-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    For the first two-to-three days after the birth, some women pass a few large clots or several smaller ones. Passing clots after delivery is common and is not a cause of concern. Passing any large clots after the first few days or have a much heavier blood loss then it is a cause of concern. It is best to keep the stained pad and show it to your doctor for correct assessment. Noticing any abnormality in the passing of clots should also be reported to your doctor.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Clotting is quite normal after delivery. Small or even large clots are normal and not a thing to worry. If passing of clots continues for many days after delivery, then it needs to be investigated. Too much passing of clots can lead to loss of blood. If clotting is accompanied by other symptoms, then you need to seek the advice of your doctor immediately.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I am passing a lot of large clots since last 3-4 days. The clots are really big and it seems like I am passing out some part of my body. I had a normal delivery and my baby was born on 22 Dec. 2013. Now I am still passing clots. I do not know if this is normal or not. I spoke to my doctor over the phone and she said that this is normal, but i don't feel the same. I am also feeling very weak and exhausted. should I consult another doctor?