+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Separation Anxiety in Toddlers

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Separation Anxiety in Toddlers

At what age do children cope with separation anxiety? What are the causes of separation anxiety in toddlers? How can parents deal with separation anxiety in toddlers? To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 17-12-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    children suffer from separation anxiety because they have a feeling of insecurity. Kids want to feel safe and protected and when the parents go out, they get afraid thinking what if they do not return. This is common in younger kids or toddlers. Training the kids early is helpful. Kids can be trained as early as 6 months. Leaving the kids in the care of some other person will help them in being independent and sooner they will not have separation anxiety.

separation anxiety is a normal stage of development. young kids do feel anxious when parents say good bye. A little worry over leaving mom or dad is normal. You can ease your child’s separation anxiety by staying patient and consistent, and by gently but firmly setting limits.The best way to ease separation anxiety is to leave your child with a caregiver for brief periods and short distances at first. Developing a ritual while going out will help young kids to adjust to separation anxiety.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    My daughter is one year old but she cries a lot when i have to go out. She cries non-stop for long and if i try to explain to her that i will be back soon, she does not seem to understand. It is very painful for me to go out leaving her. I try to go out, when she is sleeping or when she is in another room so that she does not see me while going out. I know this is not a right thing to do but I do not have any other option. Please help me.....