+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Challenges of Being a Working Mother

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Challenges of Being a Working Mother

What are the challenges faced by a working mother? What are the benefits of being a working mother? When can a woman resume working after childbirth?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 20-12-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    The most common and difficult challenge faced by working women is leaving apple of their eyes at home and going to work. I am a working mother and I remember I really had to make a tough decision. Many times I thought of leaving my job as I could not bear to my infant in the care of others. In my case, what made the task easy was that I had my in-laws with me for moral support and help so I did not have to leave my darling in the care of some outsider. Still many times I felt guilty of leaving her. I guess, this is a part of life.

Kaumi Sharma's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I guess you are right. I also faced the same problem. In my case, I had no help from my or my husbands side. I also had kept a maid for my little one and joined the office only after my little one was 6 months old. I did have a lot of guilt feeling like you. Once I came home early and saw that my maid was sleeping while my little one was still lying on the floor. I was literally terrified. I was angry at the carelessness of the maid. Anything could have happened, luckily my arrival prevented any mishap that could have happened. That day, I gave my maid marching orders and decided to leave the job. Now I am a full time mother and have no regrets.

Hi all! This issue is debatable. Actually no mother would want her baby to left at home while she goes for work. Motherhood is a joyous moment and every mother would be wanting to bask in the glory of motherhood but many times financial constraints affect the decision. I have always been working and when I had a baby, I joined my office within 3 months as I seriously wanted this job. I had no other option left. I think there should be some alternatives for women who want to work post motherhood but without much adjustm,ents.