+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Detect Learning Disabilities in Children

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Detect Learning Disabilities in Children

Which are the different types of learning disabilities in children? How to detect learning disabilities in children? How to help children with learning disabilities?
    To read the related article, click here.

If a child is having a reading difficulty, will that come under reading disability. How do we help the child to improve his reading skill?

hyperactivity is I think common among children. Trained teachers are the only ones who can handle these kids. At school my son mellowed his attention seeking nature.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    In my childhood, I used to confuse small B and small D...my child is doing the same thing now...but it is not learning disability right? Is there any parent in this forum who is facing the same issue?

Sneha Rathod's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Ishika... this kind of problem is common in kids. So do not worry...if feel concerned, you can look for some more signs for this kind of problem...

Hi Sneha, even my child is facing same kind of problem...and I am really concerned that he is facing learning disability, can you tell me the other signs of learning disability apart from getting confused with small B and small D?

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi, it is seen that not every child can study or learn things easily like the other children. There might be several reasons why the children are unable to learn and grasp things easily like the other kids. One of the reason can be learning disorders which the children face in their studies and also socially. It is important that we parents understand why our child is unable to learn normally like other children. Children might be not interested in studies in school and even be irritating while studying at home. When this is happening on a regular basis it is important that something might be not right with our child.

There are signs and symptoms by which you can recognise if your child has learning disabilities. There can be developmental problems in a child and if he is not able to reach the basic developmental things like talking, walking all these things are happening late in your kid then there might be chances that the child might have learning disabilities in future. Sometimes in some children the coordination in the movements is not proper or they might find it difficult to do some tasks like putting the buttons of his shirt, tying a shoe lace and many other activities. It is necessary that you identify them and take your child to a good therapist.

Children are mostly hyperactive and full of energy when they are small. They are continuously spending their energy in different activities. This energy can affect the child’s ability to do a task and can cause him to be hyperactive. The child might find it extremely difficult to concentrate on one thing or task. This is the reason he cannot sit still and concentrate in school and also can face problems while normal interactions with the other children. Such children also tend to get hyper easily and can throw tantrums when he told to do things which he does not want to. For such children it is necessary that they receive therapy so that they can live their normal life easily.

common disabilities that children face are disability to hear to sound that is they confused between sounds they dont identify clearly between same sounding words and the second common problem is there disability to identify words such problems can be noted only by person who spends more time with kids for eg teachers

Berry's family provided us with good care and service. Berry's family is Dallas HCS provider with a team of experience and competence. Totally recommended.

it is great!

If your child faces any study problems regarding anything then this website is the best option. Also, it can also help you with stabilirea gradului de invaliditate. So I really recommend this website.